Chitika

Chitika

Monday, June 7, 2010

13-year-old Thad Phillips Escaped 43 Hours of Bone Breaking Torture | Newsflavor

13-year-old Thad Phillips Escaped 43 Hours of Bone Breaking Torture | Newsflavor

This is a guest post from Jo Oliver, one of Triond's most prolific writers. 

I was surfing the T.V. for something…anything to watch last night. Just as I was about to decide there was nothing worth watching, I ended up finding something on Discovery. It was a series called “Escaped. ” The specific episode was titled, “Torture in Suburbia.”

I guess because of my love of the news and reporting true and weird crime, nothing seems to shock me anymore. It seems someone is always abusing, killing, or hurting someone else. However, this show, “Torture in Suburbia,” managed to shock me. It went beyond any imaginable wrong that one human can do to another.
Chris Steiner, a 14-year-old Baraboo, Wisconsin boy, disappeared from his home on July 4th, 1992. There were muddy shoe prints inside of his home and a slashed screen door. Five days after he went missing, he was found tangled in a tree in the Wisconsin River. An autopsy determined his cause of death to be drowning. It remained unclear if the drowning was an accident or foul play, and with no evidence to point in either direction, the case went cold.

3 comments:

  1. This hit article is written by Lo Oliver, a prolific Triond.com user.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my apologies...it's Jo Oliver...thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much my friend. I am honored:)

    ReplyDelete

Chitika

Chitika

Chitika

Chitika

Quick Linker